Education/Training: Associates degree or equivalent combination of training and experience
Experience: 1-2 years office experience with word processing, spreadsheets and databases.
The Contracting Support position will focus on;
- Processing paper and electronic contracts for agents interested in representing Health and Life Insurance Carriers
- Learning the ins and outs of the contracting processes for each individual carrier
- Organizing and maintaining our database as it relates to contracting information
- Calling carriers for any contracting follow-ups and/or questions that may arise
- Inputting and maintaining contracting data into various spreadsheets
- Assisting the contracting department with any daily tasks that arise
- Answering phones and transferring to the appropriate staff member
Highly detail oriented with a critical degree of accuracy regarding data entry and analysis; good interpersonal and organizational skills; ability to prioritize work and to perform multiple tasks simultaneously while adhering to deadlines; good problem-solving and analytical skills; ability to take responsibility, to work well as a team member and to work independently; ability to understand and follow directions and complex policies and procedures; ability to deal with confidential data.
Additional office experience working with a small office team; software skills, including experience with Microsoft Word, Excel, electronic mail, the internets and other databases.
Expected to perform under minimum supervision and act independently within the scope of normal duties and responsibilities.
This job primarily operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines.
Position Type and Expected Hours of Work
This is a full-time position. Days and hours of work are Monday through Friday, 8:30 a.m. to 5 p.m.